Gloria!
I'm spearheading scattered, slightly surreal creative writing within our little group with my tangent a post below.
Anyways, I can sum up the state of my being with one word. Gloria! In other words, it's a U2 song, but that whole October album is carrying my mind to prancing flourescent green pastures of beauty.
It's been the soundtrack for my soul for the past month, and we tried hacking it out today after church. It didn't work so well. Anyways,
I try to sing this song
I, I try to stand up
But I can't find my feet.
I, I try to speak up
But only in you I'm complete.
Gloria
In te domine
Gloria
Exultate
Gloria
Gloria
Oh, Lord, loosen my lips.
I try to sing this song
I, I try to get in
But I can't find the door
The door is open
You're standing there, you let me in.
Gloria
In te domine
Gloria
Exultate
Oh, Lord, if I had anything, anything at all
I'd give it to you.
Gloria
In te domine
Gloria
Gloria.
Listen to it. Dance!
(The latin translates to 'in you Lord')
-Geordan

2 Comments:
rosa and chris decided to leave us with some of those silly blog advertisements, so i took the liberty of deleting what they said.
Read my new post. They openly speak to God in a million of their songs.
The last song on their latest cd is called rather bluntly "Yahweh". Sure it's indirect, but how many non christians are going to connect with a song crying out "jesus, take my soul etc etc" U2 has a broad audience to fulfill, while still maintaining their sincerity, their faith, and their passions. Without an audience, you lose your platform for changing the world. Which is what he's doing.
Post a Comment
<< Home